Spearfishing Planet Store
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Thread: SUC versus TBSC Pimp Cup Challenge

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bradenton FL
    Posts
    414
    Than/ks (Given)
    23
    Than/ks (Received)
    18
    Likes (Given)
    28
    Likes (Received)
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedivinFool View Post
    We'll see when the full results come in, but I think it should be noted that 2 TBSC freedivers beat all but ONE of your scuba divers...and whatever freedivers you have down there. Just a little fun fact

    That means that your 2 TBSC freedivers beat all your TBSC Scuba Divers? Wow - Glad you shared that fun fact.
    We do have a good amount of Freedivers in the SUC's. But they don't do the tournament scene.

    I'm going to check you and Matt for gills next time. I'm always amazed at the fish you guys raise.
    All good things in life smell like fish

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    St. Petersburg, Fl.
    Posts
    856
    Than/ks (Given)
    7
    Than/ks (Received)
    13
    Likes (Given)
    125
    Likes (Received)
    48

    Default

    I almost had our guys drop me on the S. Jack when Barton was in the water and shoot his fish, but we decided to be nice and atleast give you guys a chance at winning......But, apparently he still sucks.
    Brent K. St. Petersburg Underwater Club http://www.stpeteunderwaterclub.com/
    TBSC http://www.tampabayspearfishingclub.org/
    Aqautic Obsessions Dive shop http://www.AOdive.com/

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bradenton, FL
    Posts
    1,089
    Than/ks (Given)
    20
    Than/ks (Received)
    38
    Likes (Given)
    26
    Likes (Received)
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoogboats9883 View Post
    I almost had our guys drop me on the S. Jack when Barton was in the water and shoot his fish, but we decided to be nice and atleast give you guys a chance at winning......But, apparently he still sucks.
    Yeah, I still suck. I got 15th, what place did you get again? Haha. When we going after a real challenge? Shrimping!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Apollo Beach, FL
    Posts
    674
    Than/ks (Given)
    3
    Than/ks (Received)
    22
    Likes (Given)
    34
    Likes (Received)
    146

    Default

    Yeah, I still suck. I got 15th, what place did you get again? Haha. When we going after a real challenge? Shrimping!
    Plan was for Brent to play defense. He was just revving the engines around your spots to make sure your fish were all worked up. Meanwhile, we finished counting our top 5 at 12th place.

    TBSC score 706.85 for our top 5.

    The only reason Barton was in 15th place is because he was so sleep deprived and jetlagged that he was deliriously shooting the fish that were swimming up to check if he was ok. He was functioning on a level somewhere between sponge and sea squirt!

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    St. Petersburg, Fl.
    Posts
    856
    Than/ks (Given)
    7
    Than/ks (Received)
    13
    Likes (Given)
    125
    Likes (Received)
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reef Pirate View Post
    Yeah, I still suck. I got 15th, what place did you get again? Haha. When we going after a real challenge? Shrimping!
    I would have placed much higher than you, but I decided to be a nice guy.
    I think the question is....what place did the rest of your teammates come in?
    Last edited by Hoogboats9883; 04-13-2015 at 10:48 PM.
    Brent K. St. Petersburg Underwater Club http://www.stpeteunderwaterclub.com/
    TBSC http://www.tampabayspearfishingclub.org/
    Aqautic Obsessions Dive shop http://www.AOdive.com/

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bradenton, FL
    Posts
    1,089
    Than/ks (Given)
    20
    Than/ks (Received)
    38
    Likes (Given)
    26
    Likes (Received)
    145

    Default

    You? Nice? What? Haha I will submit that at this point in the game you have a lead. Pleases enjoy it over the next few months.
    I'll just leave this right here. You can post up a picture of one of your guys who has won our tournament.... Wait.... That's right, you guys haven't won ours have you... Haha

    For those of you reading this that have no idea what is going on, the shit talking is real, but it's all in good fun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg  
    Last edited by Reef Pirate; 04-14-2015 at 12:26 AM.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bradenton, FL
    Posts
    1,089
    Than/ks (Given)
    20
    Than/ks (Received)
    38
    Likes (Given)
    26
    Likes (Received)
    145

    Default

    Oh, I forgot. We won it in 2013 as well. What's that 2 out of the last 3? And staying within the recommend depth of 130'....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg  

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    174
    Than/ks (Given)
    25
    Than/ks (Received)
    3
    Likes (Given)
    43
    Likes (Received)
    18

    Default

    We might wonder out to 140 every now and again...

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Apollo Beach, FL
    Posts
    674
    Than/ks (Given)
    3
    Than/ks (Received)
    22
    Likes (Given)
    34
    Likes (Received)
    146

    Default

    Pimp Cup standings after TBSC Challenge

    TBSC = 706.85

    SUC = ???

    You haven't posted yours yet because it's that bad? I mean, I think Barton may have been in their top 5! SUCs must be having a rough year if one of their top 5 shooters was 2,000 miles from the closest hogfish 10 hours before tournament time. I was expecting his tournament contribution to be being passed out on an Esearider while his teammates took turns taking pictures t-bagging him.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    St. Petersburg, Fl.
    Posts
    856
    Than/ks (Given)
    7
    Than/ks (Received)
    13
    Likes (Given)
    125
    Likes (Received)
    48

    Default

    The reason we haven't won your tournament yet, is because most of us have not entered in your tournament yet. Being that you so graciously shot in our tournament again, and at least gave an attempt to beat us, I will make it a point that we shoot in your tournament this year.
    Last edited by Hoogboats9883; 04-14-2015 at 05:29 PM.
    Brent K. St. Petersburg Underwater Club http://www.stpeteunderwaterclub.com/
    TBSC http://www.tampabayspearfishingclub.org/
    Aqautic Obsessions Dive shop http://www.AOdive.com/

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bradenton, FL
    Posts
    1,089
    Than/ks (Given)
    20
    Than/ks (Received)
    38
    Likes (Given)
    26
    Likes (Received)
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoogboats9883 View Post
    The reason we haven't won your tournament yet, is because most of us have not entered in your tournament yet. Being that you so graciously shot in our tournament again, and at least gave an attempt to beat us, I will make it a point that we shoot in your tournament this year.��
    Haha. I mean I know it has to be at least what, 30 minutes away? I can see how is difficult to drive down. Looking forward to seeing you and all your guys in September.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    St. Petersburg, Fl.
    Posts
    856
    Than/ks (Given)
    7
    Than/ks (Received)
    13
    Likes (Given)
    125
    Likes (Received)
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reef Pirate View Post
    Haha. I mean I know it has to be at least what, 30 minutes away? I can see how is difficult to drive down. Looking forward to seeing you and all your guys in September.
    Yes its a very long, tiring drive. Usually anything farther than 5 mins. away, we're that lazy we usually dont go. BUT....We'll step it up a notch and tough it out this time and go the extra mile or two and drive across the TBSC LOGO Skyway Bridge. Some how you guys seem to have your tournament on TampaBay..........
    Brent K. St. Petersburg Underwater Club http://www.stpeteunderwaterclub.com/
    TBSC http://www.tampabayspearfishingclub.org/
    Aqautic Obsessions Dive shop http://www.AOdive.com/

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bradenton, FL
    Posts
    1,089
    Than/ks (Given)
    20
    Than/ks (Received)
    38
    Likes (Given)
    26
    Likes (Received)
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smilinmatt View Post
    Pimp Cup standings after TBSC Challenge

    TBSC = 706.85

    SUC = ???

    You haven't posted yours yet because it's that bad? I mean, I think Barton may have been in their top 5! SUCs must be having a rough year if one of their top 5 shooters was 2,000 miles from the closest hogfish 10 hours before tournament time. I was expecting his tournament contribution to be being passed out on an Esearider while his teammates took turns taking pictures t-bagging him.
    614.8 So we are 92.05 points behind. Right where we want to be....

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    South Tampa, FL
    Posts
    235
    Than/ks (Given)
    4
    Than/ks (Received)
    3
    Likes (Given)
    12
    Likes (Received)
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoogboats9883 View Post
    The reason we haven't won your tournament yet.
    Count me in for shooting the Suncoast Spearfishing Challenge this year.
    Milo
    Tampa Bay Spearfishing Club
    St Pete Underwater Club

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bradenton FL
    Posts
    414
    Than/ks (Given)
    23
    Than/ks (Received)
    18
    Likes (Given)
    28
    Likes (Received)
    38

    Default

    If I remember correctly (I usually don't) we were 85 points down last year and still won. But I think only five or six TBSC guys showed up in Sarasota for SSC. This year will be interesting!
    All good things in life smell like fish

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bradenton, FL
    Posts
    1,089
    Than/ks (Given)
    20
    Than/ks (Received)
    38
    Likes (Given)
    26
    Likes (Received)
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptivaCommando View Post
    Count me in for shooting the Suncoast Spearfishing Challenge this year.
    Didn't you say you where going to shoot it last year.... I don't remember seeing you there. It's okay Milo, you're still ok in my book.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    South Tampa, FL
    Posts
    235
    Than/ks (Given)
    4
    Than/ks (Received)
    3
    Likes (Given)
    12
    Likes (Received)
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reef Pirate View Post
    Didn't you say you where going to shoot it last year.... I don't remember seeing you there. It's okay Milo, you're still ok in my book.
    I actually registered last year, got the shirt and everything to prove it. But both of my crew members got horribly sick on tournament day (I think the whiskey flu) so we turned back to shore after only an hour. Needless to say I had no fish to weigh-in, but will this year...sick crew or not.
    Milo
    Tampa Bay Spearfishing Club
    St Pete Underwater Club

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. SUC vs TBSC Fish Pimp Cup
    By Reef Pirate in forum 2014 3rd Annual Suncoast Spearfishing Challenge, September 26-28 2014
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-07-2014, 11:05 PM
  2. SUC Vs TBSC Fish Pimp Cup
    By Reef Pirate in forum 2014 Tampa Bay Spearfishing Club Challenge Tournament May 16-18
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 09-26-2014, 02:09 AM
  3. TBSC Challenge
    By Bottom Bull in forum FL: Tampa Bay Spearfishing Challenge April 8, 9, 10, 2011
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-06-2011, 11:05 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •