Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SUC versus TBSC Pimp Cup Challenge

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default SUC versus TBSC Pimp Cup Challenge

So,
    I figure you guys up in Tampa have been pretty quiet so far about the famed Pimp Cup Challenge. I will take the time to fill everyone in.

So 3 years ago we (SUC and TBSC) decided to have a little friendly wager. The wager was, each club would take their top 5 shooters scores from the TBSC and SUC tournaments, add them up, and whoever won got to keep the famed Pimp Cup. Well here we are at year 3. The cup has never left the SUC's possession. In fact, we haven't even had to really add up the scores because we (The SUC's) seem to not really suck at all. Seems we have been handing our northern friends a pretty good old fashioned ass whooping for the last 2 years.

Now in all fairness, some of the TBSC big boys haven't had the time to come down and shoot our little old tournament at Marina Jack in Sarasota. I know the venue may only be one of the nicest in the state, and I know it is at least 25 miles away for some of you. So here is the deal. We are up 2 to 0. When we win this year we need to up the stakes a little.

See you in a week....

Chris
    SUC President

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don't worry, we have a two-part plan this year.

Step 1: Kick your butts in our tournament.

Step 2: The night before the SUC tournament, I'm throwing a party at my house for all our heavy hitters. Sometime after midnight when they're all hammered off Reef Donkey, I'll pull out the blackjack (old navy club, not the card game), club them over the head and toss them in the boat. By the time they're up, we'll be 30 miles offshore.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hey Barton, why dont you take the REAL Tampa Bay Challenge, and spearfish the bay.....Oh thats right, you pussed out.

TBSC President
    Last edited by Hoogboats9883; 04-04-2015 at 10:30 PM.
    Brent K. St. Petersburg Underwater Club http://www.stpeteunderwaterclub.com/
    TBSC http://www.tampabayspearfishingclub.org/
    Aqautic Obsessions Dive shop http://www.AOdive.com/

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoogboats9883 View Post
    Hey Barton, why dont you take the REAL Tampa Bay Challenge, and spearfish the bay.....Oh thats right, you pussed out.
    That hurt my feeling Brent.

Back on topic.. About this pimp cup....

5. Likes Hoogboats9883 liked this post
    Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by smilinmatt View Post
    Don't worry, we have a two-part plan this year.

Step 1: Kick your butts in our tournament.

Step 2: The night before the SUC tournament, I'm throwing a party at my house for all our heavy hitters. Sometime after midnight when they're all hammered off Reef Donkey, I'll pull out the blackjack (old navy club, not the card game), club them over the head and toss them in the boat. By the time they're up, we'll be 30 miles offshore.
    I see a few problems with your plan.

1. Haven't we had a higher overall point total at your tournament then your own people for the past 3 years?

2. We all know you can't fit all your heavier hitters in your boat AND make it 30 miles offshore.

You my friend are a fish whisperer. I will never deny that, however, you and you alone can't get this done. See you in a week.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Internet tough guy here. See you on Sunday Barton.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by FreedivinFool View Post
    Internet tough guy here. See you on Sunday Barton.
    I can't wait! It's been so long? Are you bringing Ben? You guys make a cute couple.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Chris,

We have only done this for 2 years and the first year we had a solid lead going into your tournament. The top five is what has been killing us since we seem to drop off after top three. You should check those stats since we had you both years for top three. Not making exuses since we are ready to take you down this year. Also, adding porgy to sheepshead did not help us in our tournament so make sure you come to the Captains meeting for a last minute rule change. Plus, your tournament took out Barracuda and we live 2 kill them. Did I mention that most of our top point guys are all Freedivers? Just my two cents but look forward to seeing everyone next weekend! In the small chance that the Pimp Cup stays South we may need some rule changes like Top 3 vs 5 and more points given if Freeduving etc. just a thought but probably won't be necessary

Thanks,
    Jim

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I feel like I should say something to support our club. But then again, Barton does enough trash talking for our club and then some....

I'll just sit here and dust off the abacus to calculate scores on Sunday.
    All good things in life smell like fish

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't think giving freedivers more points is fair. I mean, look at Lisa's point totals when she's freediving off my boat vs. scuba diving off Chris's boat...

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Water Boy View Post
    I feel like I should say something to support our club. But then again, Barton does enough trash talking for our club and then some....

I'll just sit here and dust off the abacus to calculate scores on Sunday.
    What's even funnier is that your biggest trash talker is never even a contributing shooter to your top 5 scores in these tournaments. He's like the bench warmer that talks shit to the other team. Classic

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Jim,
    I seem to remember a saying... It's not where you start, it's where you finish.

Matt,
    I still love you. Catch any shrimp lately?

Dane,
    As you get older you will realize a few things. One of those things being that if you are the best in the room, you are in the wrong room. I surround myself with team members who are more talented than I am (which is not hard to be honest), so that I never have to leave the room.

After this year I propose we make a new rule. The losing team has to make the cup for the following year.

I was going to say we could add top female into the mix, but since you guys don't have big enough balls to let girls in your club, well I guess that won't work.

Better start buying stock in cups my TBSC friends.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Matt,
    I still love you. Catch any shrimp lately?
    On the back of my truck, I now have a bumper sticker that reads, "Your little girls can beat up my honor student."

(I take no personal responsibility in the lack of shrimp we got that night.)

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Still talkin shit........
    We were thinking of inviting Barton along to go shrimping again, but he's not that good at that either, he was complaining that Ritchie Zacker was picking on him or something.....
    We decided not to surround ourselves with individuals that are of MUCH lower skill at very simple tasks. Apparently he is unable to rise to the level of a quality shrimper, sheepshead killer, flounder gigger. You'll get there Buddy, hang in there. We have to surround ourselves with atleast decent sportsman.
    If we had a top female division, im pretty sure Barton would top that category hands down!
    Last edited by Hoogboats9883; 04-08-2015 at 05:59 PM.
    Brent K. St. Petersburg Underwater Club http://www.stpeteunderwaterclub.com/
    TBSC http://www.tampabayspearfishingclub.org/
    Aqautic Obsessions Dive shop http://www.AOdive.com/

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoogboats9883 View Post
    Still talkin shit........
    We were thinking of inviting Barton along to go shrimping again, but he's not that good at that either, he was complaining that Ritchie Zacker was picking on him or something.....
    We decided not to surround ourselves with individuals that are of MUCH lower skill at very simple tasks. Apparently he is unable to rise to the level of a quality shrimper, sheepshead killer, flounder gigger. You'll get there Buddy, hang in there. We have to surround ourselves with atleast decent sportsman.
    If we had a top female division, im pretty sure Barton would top that category hands down!
    Tough crowd.

I'm not sure it's talking shit if we have beat you 2 years in a row...

17. Likes Hoogboats9883 liked this post
    Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

yep
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -5948be12ccb16ff4ca54d-jpg  

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well I Oughta!
    -murder-machine-jpg
    Tampa Bay Spearfishing Club
    First Choice Home Inspections
    www.firstchoice-homeinspectionsfl.com

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So,
    Until the placings are posted I don't know for sure how the top 5 from each club did. I do know however for a fact that a SUC member won the overall trophy, again. What is that 2 out of the last 3 years we have won the TBSC and 2 out of the last 2 years we have won the pimp cup. Hell, this year I even went out and shot some fish.

I'll wait for the response. haha.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We'll see when the full results come in, but I think it should be noted that 2 TBSC freedivers beat all but ONE of your scuba divers...and whatever freedivers you have down there. Just a little fun fact

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We all know shooting fish is easier freediving. No noise, just swim away and pull it up from the surface, less physical, less risk, less mental requirements. I mean Jesus Dane, you can do it....

Plus, it's hard to get people to shoot the tournament when the winner gets a mask.

Let's see how long this takes before everyone goes crazy.

I'm sure you guys will have us on overall points. You always have a lead in April. You just never have a cup in September.
    Last edited by Reef Pirate; 04-13-2015 at 01:59 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast