Spearfishing Planet Store

Thread: The biggest little tournament

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default The biggest little tournament

The Fall Freedive Classic is just around the corner. Rumor has it we might actually have a sponsor this year with some prizes and raffle items.
    This years trophies are a work of art and unlike any you might have seen. I wii post pics when we receive them.
    As always this years rules and scoring are what make this a fun competition. Mark your calendars and plan on attending this years biggest little Spearfishing tournament.

Cheers,
    G.R.
    "The greatest spearfisherman in the world is the one that is having the most fun"

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We are in.
    Which date should I mark on my calendar?

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Walker View Post
    We are in.
    Which date should I mark on my calendar?
    Check out the thread title.
    The preceding post is simply one man's opinion, but since I am the one man in this case, it is absolutely correct.
    professionalvideoserviceinc.com for video transfer and repair.
    www.thecameracure.com for camera/camcorder repair and service.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

2011 FSDA FALL FREEDIVE SPEARFISHING CLASSIC

(Saturday, October 8, 2011, Tarpon Springs Florida)

The Florida Skin Divers Association invites all Freedive Spearfisherman, Woman, and Juniors to participate in the competition and camaraderie of the “2011 FSDA Fall Freedive Spearfishing Classic.” This one-day tournament will be held in Tarpon Springs Florida on Saturday, October 8, 2011. Recognition will be given on individual levels based upon an aggregate point scoring system. Additional recognition will be given to the individual turning in the single largest fish of the tournament.
    Agenda / Rules:
    1. This Tournament will be a one-day tournament held on Saturday, October 08, 2011 at The Anclote River Park Boat Ramp. The Rain Date/ Small Craft Advisory date for this tournament will be Saturday October 22, 2011.
    2. Registration will be held on the day of the tournament from 7:00 AM to 7:30 AM.
    3. The cost will be $35.00 per diver plus F.S.D.A. Membership for non F.S.D.A members of $15.00.
    4. No diving limits. Divers may dive anywhere in the Gulf of Mexico, as long as they leave and return to the Anclote River Park boat ramp by boat, via the water.
    5. No Power Heads may be used.
    6. All competitors must possess and present a valid State of Florida Fishing License to compete in the competition.
    7. All Divers and Capitan’s are Required to attend The Tournament Briefing / Captains Meeting, that will be held on the boat ramp dock at 7:40 AM Sharp.
    8. This Tournament will start at 8:00 AM and end at 4:00PM. At 7:50 AM after the Captain’s Meeting, boats may safely leave the dock and head out to the last green channel marker #1. All boats are to stop at this marker and wait to be counted. At 8:00 AM all boats may leave from the Marker #1 staging area and begin hunting. All competitors must be back at the boat ramp dock and in the weigh-in line, no later than 4:00 PM.
    9. All competitors and fish must be in weigh-in line by the 4:00 PM cut off time. No exceptions!!
    10. Boats are the sole responsibility of each competitor. Breakdowns of any type are no excuse for not returning to the dock in time for the 4:00 PM cut off. Any competitor that arrives at the weigh-in line after 4:00 PM cut-off may be disqualified.
    11. All fish belong to the competitors.
    12. Awards will be given to the Overall Tournament Winner, The Top Junior Diver, Top Female Diver, The Grunt Whisperer and The Largest Fish. All awards will be presented following the weigh-in.
    13. The Eligible Species List is a s follows:
    • Red Grouper
    • Gag Grouper
    • Black Grouper
    • Scamp Grouper
    • Mangrove Snapper
    • Cubera Snapper
    • Hogfish
    • Sheephead
    • Spadefish
    • Barracuda
    • Mullet
    • Black Seabass
    • Grey Grunt
    • Flounder
    • Permit
    • Spanish Mackerel
    • Kingfish
    • Wahoo
    • Blackfin Tuna
    • Amber Jack
    • Almaco Jack
    • Rainbow Runner
    • Cobia
    • Bonito

14. Scoring: 1 fish per category, 10 points per fish entered, 1 point per pound up to 10 lbs. The highest aggregate point total wins. Example: 7 fish turned in x 10 points per fish = 70 points. 56 lbs total weight = 56 points. Total points awarded = 126 points. A 14 lb fish turned in = 20 total points. (10 points for the fish and 10 points maximum for the pounds.)
    15. Any infraction of any Florida State Law, will result in disqualification.
    16. No swapping of fish between competitors and team members is allowed.
    17. Fish must be in fresh iced condition when presented to the weigh master.
    18. The Grunt Whisperer Competition will be calculated separately from the main competition on the diver that presents the five largest Grey Grunt aggregate.
    19. The Big Fish Competition will be calculated separately at the end of the weigh-in. Competitors wishing to enter their largest fish from the eligible fish categories may do so once all of the competitors have weighed their days catch. Heaviest fish wins.
    20. Disqualification: Violation of any State Laws, Unsportsmanlike conduct, or tournament rules may result in disqualification.
    21. Protest: Any diver or boat driver may file a protest with the tournament Chairperson. A protest committee will be formed. The tournament Chairperson will vote as a tie breaker if necessary. All decisions of this committee are final.
    22. Observers are not required: This tournament is for honor. Be sure that you are deserved to be honored, and follow all of the rules.
    23. There will be a special Raffles with proceeds benefiting diver’s rights.
    24. This is a fun competition, please dive safe and enjoy the day.
    25. Make all entry fee checks payable to “Florida Skin Divers Association”
    "The greatest spearfisherman in the world is the one that is having the most fun"

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Looking forward to it!

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

SO

Can't wait!
    If you think you need a trophy that bad... buy a kid's meal at Mc Donalds.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Questions:
    Chum or no chum?
    As i read it there is no team prize. That right? So we could have as many divers as we want onboard, as long at there is no fish swapping?
    Would it be OK if I weigh-in something big that I shoot the day or two before the tournament?
    Last edited by Ed Walker; 09-18-2011 at 11:15 PM.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Walker View Post
    Questions:
    Chum or no chum?
    As i read it there is no team prize. That right? So we could have as many divers as we want onboard, as long at there is no fish swapping?
    Would it be OK if I weigh-in something big that I shoot the day or two before the tournament?
    I didn't see anything in the rules that said you couldn't swap fish out from the day before... good point, Ed.
    If you think you need a trophy that bad... buy a kid's meal at Mc Donalds.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Aimrite Florida will be there with some gift certificates as prizes, and I will be raffling off a Venom Pro Comp or a Super Venom.

Website isn't quite done yet, but I'm close.

Aimrite Florida Website
    Last edited by surfsol; 09-19-2011 at 09:17 PM. Reason: URL update
    Deathstick Spearguns
    www.deathstickspearguns.com

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Spadefish barracuda and mullet this year, looks like im finally going to be able to fill more than 5 categories... haha. Looking forward to another fun tournament.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mktampabay View Post
    Spadefish barracuda and mullet this year, looks like im finally going to be able to fill more than 5 categories... haha. Looking forward to another fun tournament.
    Slayers in the Hizouse!1

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just to be clear on the new permit regulations, the way I understand them:

1. Only two fish over 22" are allowed per boat, but a third diver can shoot one in the slot (11-22").
    2. Once you have permit on board, no diving in state waters.

Is that correct?

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This should help Matt........

permit and african pompano summary

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The State and Federal rules apply and supersede any tournament rules. There will not be a bunch of permit turned in anyway because they tend to thin out in the fall. There are plenty of other point getters to think about.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hey guys, both myself and Jose santeiro are looking for rides....or a lead on a good charter....Let me!!

Pat if you see this let me know whats up!

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It would be great to have you guys over for the tournament. I will start a seperate thread for people looking for rides and or divers for the tournament. Stay tunned!!