Spearfishing Planet Store
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Jerry Guerra, Jr.- The FRA owes you one!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    St. Pete, FL
    Posts
    2,905
    Than/ks (Given)
    0
    Than/ks (Received)
    5
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    18

    Default Jerry Guerra, Jr.- The FRA owes you one!

    Jerry obtained a new freedive division sponsor this year in Adventure Outfitters, he also volunteered to run the weigh-in line with his dad and Frank Alfonso. As a matter of fact, he called me the day after last year's tournament to be sure I had him down as a volunteer for this year.

    Sunday morning he happened to be in 44th place, thereby winning the Biller speargun the club voted to set aside as an additional prize to honor our 44th annual event.

    I don't know how many of you in the audience realized what happened next. Jerry, upon recieving the gun, immediately turned to Denny and said that he would rather the FRA raffle it to raise money. Jerry handed the gun to Denny, thanked Denny for everything he has done for us, and walked away. I didn't catch the guy's name that won the live auction, but I wanted to be sure to recognize good deeds done that benefit all of us.
    Last edited by hogsniper; 08-18-2009 at 02:47 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    3,345
    Than/ks (Given)
    26
    Than/ks (Received)
    23
    Likes (Given)
    115
    Likes (Received)
    48

    Default

    That was very generous of Jerry!

    Denny said that the gun was a JBL. You just said that it was a Biller. From the back of the room it sure looked like an Ocean Rhino. Just out of curiosity, can anyone verify what gun it was? In any event, it was a very generous and appreciated gesture!
    Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.
    Mark Twain

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Florida Gulf Coast
    Posts
    1,611
    Than/ks (Given)
    14
    Than/ks (Received)
    13
    Likes (Given)
    59
    Likes (Received)
    51

    Default

    John, It was a Biller. We were talking about that when it was happening
    The preceding post is simply one man's opinion, but since I am the one man in this case, it is absolutely correct.
    professionalvideoserviceinc.com for video transfer and repair.
    www.thecameracure.com for camera/camcorder repair and service.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    St. Pete, FL
    Posts
    2,905
    Than/ks (Given)
    0
    Than/ks (Received)
    5
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kitefisherman View Post
    That was very generous of Jerry!

    Denny said that the gun was a JBL. You just said that it was a Biller. From the back of the room it sure looked like an Ocean Rhino. Just out of curiosity, can anyone verify what gun it was? In any event, it was a very generous and appreciated gesture!
    It was a Biller that we specifically purchased from Bill Jackson's for the 44th place prize.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    St. Pete, FL
    Posts
    5,400
    Than/ks (Given)
    36
    Than/ks (Received)
    56
    Likes (Given)
    365
    Likes (Received)
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kitefisherman View Post
    That was very generous of Jerry!

    Denny said that the gun was a JBL. You just said that it was a Biller. From the back of the room it sure looked like an Ocean Rhino. Just out of curiosity, can anyone verify what gun it was? In any event, it was a very generous and appreciated gesture!
    The JBL that was auctioned off was given back to Denny from Doug Strott Jr., who happened to win it as part of one of the three category prizes he took home

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    St. Pete, FL
    Posts
    2,905
    Than/ks (Given)
    0
    Than/ks (Received)
    5
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucket One View Post
    Hey Bryan "No Glass" Anderson. You need to get your facts straight punk! It wasn't DJ. Even though I'm betting he wishes it was.
    Yeah Baby Fat, put down the fork and pay attention to something other than a menu.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    St. Pete, FL
    Posts
    2,905
    Than/ks (Given)
    0
    Than/ks (Received)
    5
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucket One View Post
    No affense bro but you and "no glass" could've giving Bill and Issac a run for their money in that back of the boat pick!

    Maybe we should set a photo pic for Chunk and Dales to see which one they like better..... All money goes to the FRA.

    And maybe we would raise enough money for some spelling lessons and a case of Rogaine for you bitch.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    564
    Than/ks (Given)
    1
    Than/ks (Received)
    3
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    14

    Default

    Jerry won a JBL Magnum, as I recall.
    After Jerry thoughfully donated it to the FRA, the gun was auctioned off on the spot and raised $220.

    Mr. Strott, of the multi-generation shooting Strott family, won the ABBiller prize package at the end. He donated a Stainless Steel ABBiller gun to the FRA, which we will be using in a future fundraiser!
    Thanks to Mr. Guerra and Mr. Strott for their kindness and generosity.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    St. Pete, FL
    Posts
    5,400
    Than/ks (Given)
    36
    Than/ks (Received)
    56
    Likes (Given)
    365
    Likes (Received)
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NSEARCH View Post
    The JBL that was auctioned off was given back to Denny from Doug Strott Jr., who happened to win it as part of one of the three category prizes he took home
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucket One View Post
    Hey Bryan "No Glass" Anderson. You need to get your facts straight punk! It wasn't DJ. Even though I'm betting he wishes it was.
    I confused my guns not the person you cockgobbler!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Denny View Post
    Jerry won a JBL Magnum, as I recall.
    After Jerry thoughfully donated it to the FRA, the gun was auctioned off on the spot and raised $220.

    Mr. Strott, of the multi-generation shooting Strott family, won the ABBiller prize package at the end. He donated a Stainless Steel ABBiller gun to the FRA, which we will be using in a future fundraiser!
    Thanks to Mr. Guerra and Mr. Strott for their kindness and generosity.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2
    Than/ks (Given)
    0
    Than/ks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    I sponsored the Freedive Division specifically because of Jerrys enthusiasm for the sport. This was the first time Adventure Outfitters has been involved with the SPO but I will definately be a sponsor again next year!
    Thank you Jerry, Howie, and everyone else involved!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    St. Pete, FL
    Posts
    2,905
    Than/ks (Given)
    0
    Than/ks (Received)
    5
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    18

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    st. pete via. ormond beach
    Posts
    2,373
    Than/ks (Given)
    0
    Than/ks (Received)
    1
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucket One View Post
    No affense bro but you and "no glass" could've giving Bill and Issac a run for their money in that back of the boat pick!

    Maybe we should set a photo pic for Chunk and Dales to see which one they like better..... All money goes to the FRA.
    bryan has been blaming it on pregnancy weight.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    St. Pete, FL
    Posts
    2,905
    Than/ks (Given)
    0
    Than/ks (Received)
    5
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeepshapes View Post
    bryan has been blaming it on pregnancy weight.
    Yeah, he's eating for three now.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    564
    Than/ks (Given)
    1
    Than/ks (Received)
    3
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    14

    Default

    You guys are COLD

Similar Threads

  1. Jerry, get your truck and some buckets we're gonna be rich!!
    By inletsurf in forum Florida East Coast
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-19-2008, 01:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •